The fall run is fun time to fish for them. Check to see if they are catching them in your area on the NY DEC fishing hotline/news.
Brown Trout in Brown Butter Balsamic Sauce
1. Simmer butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat until deep golden brown, swirling pan occasionally, about 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
3. Whisk in vinegar, honey and mustard. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Brush fish with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Heat heavy, large skillet over medium-high heat. Add trout fillets. Sauté just until opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side.
6. Transfer to plates; tent loosely with foil to keep warm.
7. Whisk sauce over low heat to rewarm if necessary. Spoon sauce over fish. Sprinkle with capers and, if desired, tomatoes.